Celebrating New Year’s Eve with Kids
Skip dinner reservations and stay in on New Year’s Eve with these six family-friendly ways to say goodbye to 2017 and ring in 2018 with a bang!
- Get dressed up and have a “fancy” dinner complete with candlelight, music and sparkling cider.
- Buy a ball-shaped piñata to bust open at midnight, but instead of candy, fill it with little trinkets and sugar-free snacks.
- Fill “countdown” bags of goodies to open every hour from the time the kids wake up until midnight.
- Write a family letter that recaps the best, most memorable moments of the past year and everyone’s hopes and dreams for the year ahead.
- Take a family photo to capture this moment in time and everyone’s unique personalities. The less posed, the better.
- Last, but not least, make New Year’s resolutions and talk, as a family, about how you will help each other stick to them.