Tips for Being the Best High School Sports Fan
One of the most fun (and rewarding) ways to get involved with your community is to support a local high school sports team. Here are five tips to help you become one of their #1 fans!
- Show Team Spirit – Wearing your team colors to the games is a given, but you can also show your support on an everyday basis while out and about in your community with car decals, coffee tumblers and more!
- Support their Efforts – Many teams run fundraisers and earn additional profit throughout the season from the sale of concessions and fan gear. Every dollar counts and shows your team that you care!
- Rally the Crowd – Help make game nights special by tailgating with other parents/fans, making stadium signs and leading the crowd in team chants or cheers. Win or lose, the players will appreciate the energy!
- Encourage Sportsmanship – Set a good example for younger fans by keeping your chants and signs positive vs. derogatory. And be respectful and welcoming to the other team regardless of the outcome!
- Keep your Cool – It’s okay to be a little competitive and get excited, but remember that it’s only a game, the players are only teenagers, the coaches have the team’s best interest in mind and the officials are only human!